About the Department
The Department of Zoology came into existence in the year 2012. The department offers regular undergraduate courses in the institution. Following the spirit of Xaverian and academic culture of excellence, the department prioritises academic quality, sincerity and punctuality above all. The Department holds regular classes employing the latest teaching methods and Information Communication Technology tools. The department also conducts regular practical classes, regular class tests and internal exams. Time to time, field work and excursion trips are also organised for the students to learn by observing the biological phenomena in nature as well as its application in various fields. The department is headed and co-ordinated by well qualified and experienced faculties. Apart from teaching the department also organises seminars on different topics at the college and inter college level. The department also arranges special guest lectures by prominent faculties from outside the college and universities.
Vision & Mission
The vision of the department is to inculcate practice of learning in students so that they stand out as experts in their subject at the undergraduate level and contribute to the society and nation building. The department aims at offering high quality modernized course components through the latest teaching and learning methods which would create a genuine interest and inquiry about the discipline in the mind of young learners. The learning outcomes are so defined that after the completion of course the student would be able to compete and achieve at the national and internal level.
The mission of Zoology department is to produce skilled and qualified zoology graduates with practical hands in the subject so that they are not only employable but also contribute for the society and nation.
FR. DR. S. STEPHEN IRUDAYARAJ S.J.
Qualification: Ph.D., M.Sc., B.Sc.
Research Topic:ANTIDIABETIC AND ANTILIPIDAEMIC ACTIVITIES OF TODDALIA ASIATICA LAM AND FICUS CARICA LINN AND THE MECHANISM OF ACTION OF THEIR ISOLATED COMPOUNDS
Dr. R.K. ROY
Designation:Assistant Professor, HOD
Research Topic:Ecology of lentic body in Bokaro with special reference to macrobenthic fauna
DR. ARUN VINCENT KISKU
Qualification:Ph.D., M.Sc., B.Sc.
Thesis Title:Investigation on the modulation of APX gene and HSF3 gene in heterologous systems and their comparative effect on abiotic stress tolerance
- Regular classes, assignments and class tests.
- Regular field work.
- Excursion trip for the students yearly.
- Participation in seminars.
- Guest lectures by eminent Professors and scholars.
- Zoological & Science exhibitions.
- Organizing social service camp like- Malaria eradication, Sanitization and Menstrual awareness etc.
- Zoology department has a well-furnished and well-equipped laboratory.
- Department has large collections of Museum Specimens of Invertebrates and Vertebrate animals.
- Department has large number of Dissecting and Compound microscope.
- The laboratory is also equipped with Pathological & Phase contrast microscopes.
- The laboratory has large numbers of chart & models for the students.
|Name of Student||Year of passing||Present status|
|Kajal Harshit Marandi||2019||Preparing for UPSC.|
|Usha Rani Hembrom||2020||B.ED.|
|Amrit Lal Tudu||2020||B.Ed.|