About the Department
The Department of Physics was established in 2012 and since then it has been functioning as an important part of the college. The department is well equipped with all necessary infrastructural facilities. The department offers B.Sc. (Hons.) course in pure physics. The course was approved by Govt. of Jharkhand and SKMU, Dumka. Courses are designed for acquisition of comprehensive purposeful knowledge and skill for gainful employment in various public and private sectors.
The department has highly qualified faculty members who apart from their academic responsibilities are also actively engaged in research in various emerging fields of the discipline. Faculty members also guide the students for project work. They have also participated in seminars, workshops, FDP, conferences in national and international levels on a regular basis. The department has well-equipped and furnished laboratory with the latest state of art equipment to facilitate deeper understanding of various aspects of Physics such as mechanics, electronics, solid state physics.
Vision & Mission
- The vision of the Department is to achieve excellence in undergraduate education and research which leads to development of new research.
- The Mission of the Department is to train the students to be lifelong learners who will contribute to the creation of new knowledge, new technology and innovation through excellence in research in different areas of Physics.
- To educate students to be future leaders in science, technology, industry, education and other professions and succeeds in a globally competitive environment.
Dr. AMIT KUMAR AMBAST
Designation:Assistant Professor and H.O.D.
Qualification: Ph.D., M.Sc., B.Sc.
Area of Research:Structural and optical properties of undoped and doped tungstate phosphors
Contact: +91- 7370058706
Mr. PARIMAL KUMAR MAHATA
Qualification: M.Sc., B.Sc.
- Regular classes and periodical tests for students’ evaluation
- Well- equipped laboratories
- Co-curricular activities related to National and International levels
- Publication of the College Magazine
- Regular Seminars and Workshops
- Guest lectures from eminent scholars and professors
- Students’ participation and awards at the university, state and national levels.
- After completing the course students can go for higher studies such as M.Sc., MBA etc. from various reputed institutions like IITs, NITs and Central Universities etc.
- After doing B. Ed. they can go for teaching jobs.
- Many students secure jobs for private and government sectors.
- Several students have been successful in competitive examinations
- Candidates who feel creative for the subject and have deep interest for practical experiments can explore in the field of physics.
- Students can find various opportunities at government organisation like BARC, DRDRO, ISRO, BHEL etc.