About the Department
The Department of Commerce was introduced by the college in year 2012 with the view to provide accounting knowledge and managerial skills to understand the economic status of the country and globally in context to monetary aspects. The department offers a regular degree course in commerce. The College focusses on building the foundation of commerce and trade to create a pillar for the country. The department too looks forward for excellence and academic culture, quality and sincerity. The curriculum is designed keeping in view ahead and as per the demand, both nationally and internationally. Regular classes are conducted. Completion of each unit is followed up with tasks/ assignments and unit tests with the view to keep the students in touch with their syllabus and update themselves with the upcoming challenges. The department aims at enhancing management skills and analytical thinking for successful career.
Vision & Mission
To train the students to meet the challenges of contemporary business environment globally.Mission
- To build the conceptual foundation in the areas of commerce.
- To develop the students for professional career in accounting, finance, higher education and in near future in research too.
- To enhance management skills and analytical thinking for successful career.
- To equip students with accounting, One Person Company (OPC) and Entrepreneurship skills.
- To build life skills through value education and service-oriented programmes.
- To develop the managerial skills.
DR. S. P. MALLICK
Designation: Assistant Professor, Head of the Department
Qualification: Ph.D., M.Com.(Accounts), B.Com. Hons. (Accounts)
Area of research: Mineral potential and prospect of Bihar
Contact: +91- 6200178108
Mr. BINAY HEROLD DUMDUM
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: MBA (Finance & International Business), B.Com(Hons.)- Accounts
Contact: +91- 7488134817
- Regular classes and unit wise test conducted for each unit.
- Department exhibition.
- Awareness programme on achievement of business tycoon.
- Exposure to business magazines and newspapers.
- Share market and their trading.
- Parting knowledge of audit report.
- Analysis of audited report.
- Preparation of financial reports.
- Industrial visit
- Students of every batch showed their outstanding results with distinction.
- Easily got enrolled/ admission to other renowned institutions for their higher studies in and other States.
- Job in NGO’S and other sectors as accountant.
- Selected for B. Ed Training.