About the Department
The Department of English came into functional existence in 2011, the same year in which the college was established and it is one of the first departments to offer regular degree courses and programmes in the history of the institution. Following the spirit of Xaverian excellence and academic culture, the department prioritises academic quality, sincerity and punctuality above all. Regular classes substantiated by the latest teaching methods and materials have been an integral feature of the department that keeps a keen eye on performance graph of students by conducting periodical assessments and evaluation at regular intervals. Weekend revisions of the course components, weekly tests, mock-tests and viva in the pattern of standard national and international level are some of the key highlights of the departments. The department is headed and coordinated by well-qualified and nationally eligible faculty members having high knowledge and expertise in their respected fields. Research, publication, innovation and creativity are some of the key mottos and aims of this ever-growing department.
Vision & Mission
The vision of the English Department is to transform the department and institute into an automated work environment that supports learning, teaching, research and student formation. It aims at offering high quality updated course components through the latest teaching-learning methods which would create a genuine interest and inquiry about the discipline in the minds of young learners. By the time students complete their course, they would be able to compete and achieve at the national as well as international level.
The Mission of the English Department is to coordinate and facilitate the use of Language, Art and Literature and its resources for the satisfaction of the College and its stakeholders. Students will be able to have competent mastery over their subject matter and aim at transforming their learning towards achieving successful and distinct career goals in the role of educationalists, creative writers and authors, journalists and skilled spokespersons.
|Rev. Fr. Dr. Francis David Raj||Dean of Research and HOD||Ph.D. D. Lit|
|Mr. Himadri Shekhar Dutta||Assistant Professor||M.A. NET|
|Ms. Preety Sagar||Assistant Professor||M.A.|
- Regular classes and periodical tests for students’ evaluation
- Co-curricular activities related to National and International Literature and Culture
- Dedicated and professional group for Music, Drama and Stage
- Publication of the College Magazine
- Regular Seminars and Workshops
- Guest lectures from eminent scholars and professors
- Students’ participation and awards at the university, state and national level
- Placement in higher education and job sectors
- Group discussions and Presentations
- Weekly movies and animations on curriculum by the Departmental Film Club
The Computer Science and Engineering Department was started in 2010 along with the foundation of NIT Delhi. Initially, only Bachelor of Technology Programme was offered with the intake 30 which presently has been increased to 60. Now, apart from B. Tech., the department also offers Master of Technology and Ph.D. programmes which cover a number of important areas of Computer Science and Engineering, e.g., Algorithms, Computer Networks, Data Warehousing and Data Mining, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Image Processing, Web Technologies, Data Analytics, Complex Networks, Wireless Sensor Networks etc. We provide our students with a broad undergraduate and graduate curriculum based on the application and theoretical foundations of computer science. Our faculty and students participate in interdisciplinary research. The combination of these elements makes the department an especially exciting environment in which to study and work; an environment that serves us well in our goal of providing excellence in education, research, and discovery. The department envisions producing quality graduates, capable of leading the world in technical realm. The department is equipped with latest configuration and high computing system with hi-speed Internet facility, both wired as well as wi-fi. The Computer Science programs at this institute are dedicated to educate students and to advance research in computer and information technology. The department has all the facilities to carry out the related teaching and research work.
- Almost all students have pursued higher education at the university level in and outside the state in courses such as Masters, B.Ed. and other Certificate Courses
- Several students have secured respectable jobs in the teaching sector in reputed institutions
- Several students have become published authors and poets in magazines and journals of national repute
- Several students have been successful in competitive examinations
- Faculty members have been regularly invited for guest lectures, as exam controllers and observers, external experts and mentors
- Faculty members have been regularly writing for national and international books and journals
- The Head of the Department has been honoured with the honorary degree of D. Lit. His thesis has been honoured by the academia of several nations such as Australia, Germany, England and Italy